A huge, HUGE thank you to both Maxine @ The Rogue Storyteller (who tagged me back in March) and Empress @ Empire of Starlight for nominating me for The Unique Blogger Award! Maxine has some very thoughtful book reviews and awesome recommendations so go check her blog out! Empress also has some great book reviews and she’s just a wonderful person inside and out so go check out her blog too!
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them three questions.
- What’s your favorite retelling of a story/folktale? This can be in the form of a book or movie.Oooh, my favorite retelling. I guess I’d have to say the Lunar Chronicles because I haven’t read many retellings I liked. Out of the Lunar Chronicles, Winter (Snow White retelling) is probably my favorite.
- Are there any characters that you think deserved a better ending than they got?You mean ALL OF MY BABIES WHO DIED?? YES! SO MANY! (I’d also like to not spoil anything for anyone so let me refrain from actually making a list of characters who deserved very much to live).
- If you could be any book character for a day, who would it be and why?
This is such a hard question! As much as I’d love to be any of the Six of Crows crew, I’d kill myself and the team in seconds. I’m actually going to go with Kamala Khan (aka Ms. Marvel), she is still trying to get used to her newfound superpowers, we have similar family backgrounds and I think her powers are super cool.
- If you could have any fictional power, what would it be and what would you do with it?I’ve always liked force field manipulation/creation the best. I don’t think I’d do anything special with it really, just learn how to reach things with my field so I wouldn’t have to go get it, maybe use a force field to levitate myself, protect myself from a nuclear apocalypse, etc. etc.
- What is your favorite/most hated YA trope?Favorite: The Chosen One trope, I just love the whole your destiny is blah blah blah story line for some reason.
Most hated: insta-love. No, just no.
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what would it be?
I… would rather not read for the rest of my life than choose among my children. I cannot and will not do it.
- If you could bring any book character from their world to yours so you can be friends, who would you pick?
- What hobby would you like to pick up that you haven’t already?
- Do you like happy endings or sad but realistic endings?
I Tag You
(I’m going to tag some blogs I found recently that I loved. If you’ve already done the tag, feel free to disregard.)
- Ryann the Reader
- Chloe’s Cosy Corner
- Darque Dreamer Reads
- Journey into Books
- Zaheerah Khalik
- Stay on the Page
- Two Girls, Two Mountains