Thank you so much to Azia @ The Uncharted World and Kayla @ KDREWKTHEBOOKWORM for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award! They both have amazing book recommendations and book reviews so definitely go follow them if you aren’t already.
Put the award logo/image on your blog
List the rules
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
You have to nominate 10-20 people
Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
Share your link to your best post(s)
3 Facts About Myself
- I get overly addicted to TV shows. I always try not to start new shows because I know I wouldn’t get anything else done once I start watching.
- My favorite Disney princess is Mulan.
- I’m super indecisive and always get really anxious when if I have to make life decisions. It doesn’t even have to be a major decision, just picking what book to read next takes me forever (and then I end up doing eeny meeny miny mo).
1. Do you have a favorite YA trope that you love (or maybe even tolerate) more than others?
This isn’t just related to YA but a general trope I like is happy endings. I love when the characters’ problems are all solved or at least resolved and you know they will live a nice life from now on. This is actually pretty uncommon in YA since most of the characters go through quite a bit of loss and even though they have resolution, they don’t really have straight up happy endings.
2. How often do you buy books?
Not very often. I usually only buy books that are sequels to series I’m already a fan of so I already know what I’m getting into. The last book I paid money for was the February OwlCrate book Heartless by Marissa Meyer (still haven’t read it).
3. Do you take off the book jackets while you’re reading or do you leave them on?
I take the jacket off because I’m too afraid I’ll ruin the cover. I also stuff my books into my backpack and that can leave dents in the dust jacket if I don’t take it off.
4. Besides WordPress, where do you go to find recommendations for new books?
I get a lot of my recommendations from my friends because most of them are readers too. I don’t think I go anywhere else honestly. There are rare times when I check out books from the library just by reading the synopsis but like I said, rare times.
5. Random Question: If it were possible, which movie (or TV show) would you transport yourself into to be part of the cast?
Okay, I would LOVE to have magical powers but without any responsibility or trying to “use it for the greater good”. So probably something like Wizards of Waverly Place where I can use my magic for mundane things like levitating a book in front of me so I wouldn’t have to hold it or cleaning my room in ten seconds.
1. Where was the last place you traveled, and when was it?
I don’t know if this counts as “travelling” exactly but I went to visit my family in Bangladesh last summer. I haven’t really been anywhere else since then (unless going to the southern part of Georgia counts as travelling).
2. Tell me a teaser sentence from the book you’re currently reading!
“It took seven years to get the letter right” from Caraval. I like it so far but I don’t love it like I thought I would.
3. What song is stuck in your head right now? (if any)
I’m a huge fan of the DC shows on the CW and the Flash just aired their musical episode and I’m now obsessed with Grant Gustin’s Runnin’ Home To You. I also just saw Beauty and the Beast recently so Belle and Be Our Guest has been playing in my head off and on for the past two weeks.
4. Under what circumstances would you DNF a book?
I’m very picky when it comes to writing styles. I will trudge on if the character is a whiny brat, or the plot is horribly predictable but it’s the writing that gets me. I like that perfect mix of show-and-tell, too much description or too little description bothers me to no end. So if I don’t like the writing, I will most likely DNF the book.
5. Silly: Share your favourite meme or GIF!
I don’t really have a favorite meme or gif so I’ll just add one I find hilarious. (Taken from giphy.com).
I TAG YOU
Feel free to not do this if you have already or if you just don’t want to
- Stellah @ The Little Book Nerd’s Life
- Jackie B @ Death by Tsundoku
- Wendy @ What the Log Had to Say
- Meghan @ Meghan’s Whimsical Explorations & Reviews
- Olivia @ Olivia’s Catastrophe
- Jackie @ How Useful It Is
- Cova @ Wonderful Literature
- Tasneem @ Nemo Reads
- Danica @ Shelves of Spine
- Sinead @ Huntress of Diverse Books
- What book have you re-read the most and why?
- If you had to change your name to a character’s name, who would you pick?
- If you could shape shift into any animal, what would you be?
- Say you have the power to get rid of a certain item from the world (books, phone, toilet paper, etc), what item would you want to get rid of.
- Random (even though most of my questions are already kind of random): You now have 10 chimpanzees as your servants. What would you make them do?